TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The reservation is accepted by Go South Coast Ltd, Herein referred to as the company, under the following conditions of hire.
- Should a vehicle be detained by the hirer, or be taken on a longer journey than contracted for, the Company reserves the right to make a proportional additional charge.
- The Company does not guarantee to complete any journey in any given time and will not be accountable for any loss or inconvenience which may arise from the delay or detention of any vehicle arising from any cause whatsoever.
- Unless stated it should not be assumed that any vehicle will remain at the destination until the time for the return journey.
- The route used, unless the hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed en route which will be specified on the confirmation letter, will be at the discretion of the company and/or the driver.
- All quotations are conditional upon a vehicle or vehicles of the type mentioned being available for the date required at the time of acceptance.
- In the event of any riots, civil commotion, strike, lockout or stoppage or restraint of labour from whatever cause or the happening of any event over which the company has no control, the company reserves the right to cancel any order which in the opinion of the Company thereby becomes impossible of performance and to refund to the hirer any deposit paid in full settlement of all claims of the hirer in respect of such cancellations.
- The Company reserves the right to sub-contract the journey to an alternative company and/or provide an equal or greater size/grade of vehicle than specified.
- If the hire is cancelled within 7 days prior to the agreed day and the date of hire, the company may apply cancellation charges to the following scal
PERIOD OF NOTICE AMOUNTS
8 days or more no charge.
4 to 7 days 40% of hire charge.
1 to 3 days 60% of hire charge.
On day of hire 100% of hire charge
- Outside contractors supplying goods/services over and above coach hire, All arrangements for Hotel accommodation, meals, theatre tickets, boat journeys or any other item/service are made by the Company as agents for on behalf of the hirer, on the express condition that the Company shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, delay or inconvenience caused to passengers as a result of any arrangements. These arrangements are also made under the conditions of supply by the supplier.
- No admission charges or anything other than coach hire costs are included in the price unless otherwise stated in writing.
- The Company will not accept any liability for damage, injury or loss, for any passenger entering or leaving a coach whilst in motion.
- The Company will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of personal property left in vehicles.
- Under regulations made by the Department of Transport, no passengers in excess of the seating capacity of the vehicle will be carried. A child counts as a passenger.
- The consumption of intoxicating liquor on the hired vehicle is expressly forbidden and the driver is authorised to refuse to carry a person who is in his or her opinion the worse for drink. PCV law prohibits the carriage of intoxicating liquor on vehicles carrying passengers to or from certain sporting events.
- Drivers hours regulations: The hirer undertakes to abide by all statutory requirements and regulations which may in any way affect the journey in question and especially the regulations in respect of Drivers Working/ Rest Hours. Drivers are familiar with these regulations and whilst they will confirm to the reasonable requests of passengers (as to the reasonableness of which the driver alone shall be the judge) they will as far as circumstances permit depart from the destination or from the intermediate stopping places at the times agreed beforehand (or specified by the driver) and to ensure compliance with regulations will on no account wait for members of the party who may have failed to join the vehicle at the time so appointed. The Company will not be responsible for any inconvenience or damage arising from the failure to convey any such member or members of the party.
- With the exception of approved credit account customers, all charges become payable on or before day of hire.
- All terms and conditions are under the English Law.
- All Bookings by the hirer are accepted by the Company subject to the foregoing conditions.